10 October, 2013
Enjoy beloved classics while developing vocabulary, reading, and critical thinking skills!
- Each literature book in the series is a one-year course
- Each chapter has five lessons with daily concept-building exercises, warm-up questions, and guided readings
- Easy-to-use with suggested reading schedules and daily calendar
- Equips students to think critically about philosophy and trends in culture, and articulate their views through writing
- A well-crafted presentation of whole-book or whole-work selections from the major genres of classic literature (prose, poetry, and drama), each course has 34 chapters representing 34 weeks of study, with an overview of narrative background material on the writers, their historical settings, and worldview.
The rich curriculum’s content is infused with critical thinking skills, and an easy-to-use teacher’s guide outlines student objectives with each chapter, providing the answers to the assignments and weekly exercises. The final lesson of the week includes both the exam, covering insights on the week’s chapter, as well as essays developed through the course of that week’s study, chosen by the educator and student to personalize the coursework for the individual learner.
This teacher edition textbook for homeschool families is published by Master Books, the publishers of many creation books from Answers in Genesis. It is intended to be used in conjunction with the student textbook, but aspects of this work can be incorporated with other materials (so it’s useful whether or not you use this particular curriculum).
This offer was available about two months ago, but then went away. I do not know for how long it will be available for free this time around. Grab yourself a copy and share with any homeschooling families you know by clicking a share button below!